verse list . add clipboard manager functionality - mouse wheel scroll to offset

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

verse list . add clipboard manager functionality - mouse wheel scroll to offset

Post by kenfhill84083 »

It would be useful for me if, in verse list, I could change the starting verse using the functionality found in clipboard monitoring - "mouse wheel scroll to offset".

I often copy verse references from web pages, etc, and send them to the verse list in theWord. But when I look at them in verse list I suspect the verse(s) should have more context before the first verse. In clipboard manager, I can use the mouse wheel to offset to an earlier or later verse to get an idea of the context.

If verse list had that same functionality, I could use it to find the start verse that makes more sense. Then I could use the verse list function to expand the range of the passage.

I realize that when I find myself in the situation where I want more prior context I can go into a Bible view and select the desired text and press ctrl-L to push the passage into the verse list. But then I have to delete the original verse(s) I picked up from clipboard manager. I have done that plenty but it seems like a waste of time and effort.

(This is kind of related to a previous request at https://forum.theword.net/viewtopic.php?t=11480 but this makes more sense.)
JG

Re: verse list . add clipboard manager functionality - mouse wheel scroll to offset

Post by JG »

In List view right click on the verse reference and you can do as you like with starting verse and span. Also note the shortcut keys there.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Re: verse list . add clipboard manager functionality - mouse wheel scroll to offset

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:35 pm In List view right click on the verse reference and you can do as you like with starting verse and span. Also note the shortcut keys there.
Thanks. Per usual, great information about this great application.