Expand Rgt-Click Menu to Save Layout

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Doctordavet

Expand Rgt-Click Menu to Save Layout

Post by Doctordavet »

Hey, Guys,

As always, love TW.

I've recently bought a new laptop, and in an effort to save some where and tear, I've started using a USB mouse instead of everything on the keyboard. It's the first time in more than a decade for me to use a mouse with a laptop. The point: I'm wanting to rt-click and use the menu there for things I used to do on the keyboard.

First specific suggestion: let me save my current layout with a rt-click on the menu.

Second general suggestion: there is probably a whole lot more that could be incorporated on the rt-click menu. I'm wondering what other users might like to see there?

I recognize the book views and bible views bring up differing rt-click menus, but perhaps the "save layout" could be incorporated into both? Or at least one of them (probably the book view)?
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
kenfhill84083

Re: Expand Rgt-Click Menu to Save Layout

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Doctordavet wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:43 pm I've recently bought a new laptop, and in an effort to save some where and tear, I've started using a USB mouse instead of everything on the keyboard. It's the first time in more than a decade for me to use a mouse with a laptop. The point: I'm wanting to rt-click and use the menu there for things I used to do on the keyboard.

First specific suggestion: let me save my current layout with a rt-click on the menu.
You are such a power user I hesitate to mention that Ctrl+Shift+S is a shortcut for saving the current layout.

Are you going to go cold turkey on the keyboard? I'm trying to go cold turkey on the mouse as much as possible. But as long as I'm tethered to it I like lots of right-click options.
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Hi, Ken,

Yup, I'm familiar with that keyboard shortcut. I've started using a mouse in order to save a little wear and tear on the keyboard. Thanks for thinking of me - and trust me, I am not a power user.
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Doctordavet wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:08 am I've started using a mouse in order to save a little wear and tear on the keyboard. Thanks for thinking of me - and trust me, I am not a power user.
Laptops frustrate me because the keyboards are always just a bit different with each brand and model. I use a wireless keyboard which remains a constant factor in my workspace (having outlived a couple of laptops) and can be relatively cheap to replace. Of course, it takes up extra desk real estate having the laptop open + a full-size keyboard.

I see you as a power user because of your excellent blog posts and tutorials. I find them admirably well done, manifesting a high degree of TW and Bible mastery. Besides, you have your own module repository as part of the TW "Add Titles" functionality.

But this is a tangent from your original post. Sorry. I agree with your wish to have the right-click context menus expanded.