Post your PREMIUM Module Requests here

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
jonathangkoehn

Re: Post your PREMIUM Module Requests here

Post by jonathangkoehn »

We are not really receiving a response from AMG Publishers. To help this.
If you are interested in Word Study by AMG please email both of these email address here:
Email 1: [email protected]
Email 2: [email protected]
Specifying that you would like to see the following resources in theWord Bible software and if they would email [email protected] to get the process started.
The Complete Word Study Dictionary : Old Testament ISBN: 0899576672
Complete Word Study Dictionary, New Testament ISBN: 089957663X

It would be much appreciated. We often reach out to publishers but sometimes we get nothing or very little. It really does help when you as users ask in a gentle, loving way to get the ball rolling. (I've seen it help in the past.) Thank you!
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If you are requesting a resource that is not under copyright may I suggest you work on converting it yourself?
Here is a post that should help in this regards: https://forum.theword.net/viewtopic.ph ... ord#p46572
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
RGennesse

Post by RGennesse »

Hi,
I would very much like to have the Bible Knowledge Commentary (2 volumes OT+NT) by John F Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Knowledge- ... 800X&psc=1

Thanks in advance,
gr
Richard
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I would like the Bible Knowledge Commentary as well and I have reached out to the publisher but they weren't in favor then. Would you personally reach out to them and recommend it be added to theWord and that they can contact me at supportatthewordbooks.com if you had a few more contact them would be great
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

DarrelW wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 pm Sorry! Dictionary of Bible Themes by Martin H. Manser
I would vote for this resource in theWord.
heliodemenezess

Post by heliodemenezess »

I would really like to see the LTT Bible (in Brazilian Portuguese) gain NEW modules (now Prime), of its new 2023 edition, which should be the final and definitive version.
(Bíblia de Estudo LTT: Bíblia Literal do Texto Tradicional (Massorético+Receptus), Anotada (LTT))
https://www.theword.net/bin/get.php/ltt2009.ontx.exe

I am the translator (since around 2004, almost 20 years of work) of the "Bíblia de Estudo LTT, Tradução Literal do Texto Tradicional" ("LTT Study Bible, Literal Translation of the Traditional Text") in Brazilian Portuguese, based on the TR + Masoretic Text, using strict Formal Equivalence as its method, and prioritizing literalness and absolute precision over mere "ease of being read even by incompletely educated people in the woods."

I am very grateful to God and to the whole team of TheWord, for the fact that my translation of 2018, having almost 2000 footnotes, perhaps 15,000 short notes at end of lines, having many internal and external links, subscripts, superscripts, italics, tached text, and many other conventions and complexities) was kindly coded into a .ontx module by RÚBIO DA TERRA and accepted by Mr. COSTAS STERGIOU for free distribution

Justificative for my request: The 2018 module reflects the state of my work at the end of 2017, so 6 years ago, and I, working on revising, correcting and improving the translation and its notes, perhaps made a few tens of thousands of small but useful changes, and thousands of medium needed changes, and hundreds of critically needed changes. Very close of being 80, I feel its time to stop e consider my work completed. I pray that it come to be consolidated into a TheWord module, for the benefit of believers today and in the future (By the way, the paper Bible text is from May.2023, and I'm not sure there will be another paper edition, so the module TheWord may be the sole record of the final version of my work). Furthermore, wherever I go, believers who have purchased the LTT on paper and have noticed that it has improved many thousands of words, they come and ask me when there will be an updated LTT module in TheWord. Particularly pastors, professors and seminary students, and anyone who writes and loves TheWord for the ease of pasting verses into their writings.

Well, I recently donated to my local, needed church all eventual royalties from my writings, and in early 2022 they firmed a contract with the publisher BV Books (https://www.bvbooks.com.br/ ), which, on May.22, printed 5000 copies and is close to selling out this first edition. See https://www.bvbooks.com.br/biblias/bibl ... a-em-breve . The cover price is high, but many bookstores sell the Bible with discount around 40%.

I put, in the contract with BV Books, firmed on 2021,
a) that TheWord and I could make new modules for the new versions of LTT, with and without notes, free or paid. (Paragraph Two of the contract)
b) that any profits from any sales of this module of software (which will no longer be free) will be paid to the LICENSOR [the Igreja Batista Bíblica de Soledade] [that is, not to BV Books]
Of course, I can send to you copy of the contract, translating to you the Paragraph Two

My church [who hold the royalty rights to the possible software] and I would be very happy if TheWord agreed to make the new modules, now the final and definitive version of the LTT Study Bible.

I don't know about the possibilities/availability, but I consider the work of RÚBIO DA TERRA exceptional, when he made the 2018 version of .ontx module, above all my expectations.

For avoid that BV Books would fear that the new modules would harm the sales of the LTT in paper, I told them that the MINIMUM prices for LTT-2023/2024 in TheWord would be:
- For the "Study Bible" version (with annotations), minimal of R$ 30.00, today equivalent to US$ 7.00
- For the "Noteless Bible" version, minimal of R$10.00, today equivalent to US$2.00

I know these values are small in relation to prices to modules in English sold in USA and Europe, and may not be of interest to TheWord, but you can consult with other people in Brazil and increase the value if you think the market would accept it.
Furthermore, I and my church (which owns the royalty rights of the possible modules) could partially or completely relinquish them at least for some years, if necessary. Or till a certain number of sales would be done. All this to enable the project, in such way that TheWord get its well-deserved recompense (Lk 10:7).

Our only aim is to serve the people of God in Brazil and Portugal and other Portuguese speaking countries.

My e-mail: [email protected]

Hélio.

PS. If, by any chance, you find that making the module for the Study Bible Version, with notes, will take 20 times more work than making the module for the "plain" Bible (no notes, only with the words of God and nothing else), and that maybe it will sell well less because of the higher price, and you are not interested in doing the Study module, I will be happy if you do the "plain" module, which will take 20 times less work.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

jonathangkoehn wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:50 pm The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty [New Testament Edition] Hardcover – July 1, 1983 by John F. Walvoord (Editor), Roy B. Zuck (Editor)

I second the BKC
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I would love to see Mounce's Greek for the Rest of Us, ISBN 978-0-310-27710-1. It fills a gap of helping people use Greek tools without needing to learn Greek.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Resource request
Request a Resource for the Word

Resource submission
Resource/Module Submission form

If you have some free time, could you add some of the resources requested here in the forum? That would be great!