The Word software for MacBook Pro 2023 M2 Max Apple Silicon

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
LEdT

The Word software for MacBook Pro 2023 M2 Max Apple Silicon

Post by LEdT »

I use the Word for biblical studies and have switched from a Windows laptop to a MacBook Pro M2 Max 2023. I downloaded the Mac version but it doesn’t work, I get a message that the version is not updated to run with my version of MAC laptop.

Is there a compatible version of theWord available for my MAC?

Thanks!
Lynn
arraybolt3

Re: The Word software for MacBook Pro 2023 M2 Max Apple Silicon

Post by arraybolt3 »

This is a tricky one because not only are you using a non-Windows OS, but you're also using a non-Intel architecture. Apple Silicon CPUs like the M2 Max use the ARM64 instruction set, whereas most PCs and laptops use the x86 and x86_64 instruction sets. theWord is designed for x86 systems, not ARM64 systems.

This means that in order to run theWord, you will need to use a CPU emulator. macOS should include Rosetta 2, which is an x86_64-to-ARM64 emulator for macOS apps. However, theWord is a Windows app, and so using Rosetta 2 on it is likely going to be very difficult.

Pretty much all of the options from here, even the easy ones, are highly technical in nature and will be difficult unless you have a good amount of experience with things like terminal usage, virtualization, and emulation. Probably the best solution would be to keep your Windows laptop around (or get a cheap one if you no longer have the old one), and keep using it for running theWord.
I'm just an unworthy servant of Christ trying to do my job. But I love my job. :D

theWord 6 on Wine Staging and Windows 11
lewislauren210

Post by lewislauren210 »

Hi,
I'm glad to hear that Word is now available for MAC users! It's a fantastic Bible study software that offers a comprehensive range of features. As a MAC user, I've been eagerly waiting for this compatibility, and it's great to see it finally happening. With theWord on MAC, we can now enjoy its powerful search capabilities, extensive library of resources, and customizable interface. I'm excited to delve into deeper study and exploration with this software on my MAC. Thank you to the developers for making this happen and for enriching our Bible study experience on the MAC platform!
Laverna

Post by Laverna »

LEdT wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:09 pm I use the Word for biblical studies and have switched from a Windows laptop to a MacBook Pro M2 Max 2023. I downloaded the Mac version but it doesn’t work, I get a message that the version is not updated to run with my version of MAC laptop.

Is there a compatible version of theWord available for my MAC?

Thanks!
Lynn
the latest version of the software is 6.0.0.1527. You can check what version you are using by going to Help > About in theWord. If you are using an older version, you may need to update it to the latest one by downloading it from here: https://www.theword.net/index.php?artic ... &l=english