No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
choat

No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate

Post by choat »

No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate in some dialog. Ex :

Code: Select all

rc_hyper_noidwarn='The module you have selected to link to (Target) does not have an assigned identifier.'#13#13'This means, that the filename of this module will be used to identify this module. This is a bit risky since changing the filename of the target module will cause the link to break.'#13#13'All official modules do have a unique identifier assigned. If this is a user module of yours, you can assign a module identifier by going to the ''Module Properties'' dialog and click on the ''Request official identifier'' link.'#13#13'You can read more about this warning at ''www.theword.gr/identifier'''#13#13'(this warning is only displayed once each time you run the program)'
Thanks
Choat
Gert-Jan

Re: No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate

Post by Gert-Jan »

choat wrote:No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate in some dialog.
If I am correct, these words are standard Windows terminology, as they are used in almost every program. They are only dependent on the language of Windows itself, so you don't have to translate them.

Of course it also means that you cannot translate them, so for example: in an English version of Windows you can use the German translation, but then you will still see Yes and No.
I suppose this is your case?

Gert-Jan
choat

Re: No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate

Post by choat »

Gert-Jan wrote:
choat wrote:No "yes" "no" "ok" "cancel" for translate in some dialog.
If I am correct, these words are standard Windows terminology, as they are used in almost every program. They are only dependent on the language of Windows itself, so you don't have to translate them.

Of course it also means that you cannot translate them, so for example: in an English version of Windows you can use the German translation, but then you will still see Yes and No.
I suppose this is your case?

Gert-Jan
Yes, now I understand.

Thanks
Choat