Run TheWord natively in mac with winebottler!

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
Dan Gardner

Run TheWord natively in mac with winebottler!

Post by Dan Gardner »

Anybody check out winebottler? it basically packages your windows apps with some wine code so that you can run windows apps natively (through x11)! So i Successfully (sort of)) was able to get the word and all modules going, but something peculiar happened. After everything was installed, the book numbering, only in the tree, is now off. Everything is shifted up one chapter (i.e.: matthew 1 is now labeled as matthew 2 and so on.), and the first book is now called "foo". I'm not sure if this is wine, or the word, but if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated. :)
mathetes

Re: Run TheWord natively in mac with winebottler!

Post by mathetes »

That is a wine problem. I click on the book in the tree than click on the chapter in the heading of the Bible view window.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Dan Gardner wrote:Anybody check out winebottler? it basically packages your windows apps with some wine code so that you can run windows apps natively (through x11)! So i Successfully (sort of)) was able to get the word and all modules going, but something peculiar happened. After everything was installed, the book numbering, only in the tree, is now off. Everything is shifted up one chapter (i.e.: matthew 1 is now labeled as matthew 2 and so on.), and the first book is now called "foo". I'm not sure if this is wine, or the word, but if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated. :)
Well, this 'foo' entry is there indeed but you should never see it :)
This is a problem with wine actually, and how it works with TW. I would need to replace the tree to fix it... but it's only because wine misbehaves there,
Costas
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

It would be wonderful if we could get TW working on the mac. I have done a little research inspired by Dan's research and it seems that we can package TW in the winebottler app and it can then be given out for the Mac! Check out this link. http://lifehacker.com/5440703/winebottl ... plications Would there be some one that could work on that? I would love to let people know at our training that is coming up that TW is Mac compatible! See also http://vimeo.com/8951402
Thanks
Doug
csterg wrote:
Dan Gardner wrote:Anybody check out winebottler? it basically packages your windows apps with some wine code so that you can run windows apps natively (through x11)! So i Successfully (sort of)) was able to get the word and all modules going, but something peculiar happened. After everything was installed, the book numbering, only in the tree, is now off. Everything is shifted up one chapter (i.e.: matthew 1 is now labeled as matthew 2 and so on.), and the first book is now called "foo". I'm not sure if this is wine, or the word, but if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated. :)
Well, this 'foo' entry is there indeed but you should never see it :)
This is a problem with wine actually, and how it works with TW. I would need to replace the tree to fix it... but it's only because wine misbehaves there,
Costas
Douglas Hamp
Glory to God in the highest!