Click refs to launch floating Bible window?

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
GleninTenn

Click refs to launch floating Bible window?

Post by GleninTenn »

I've been trying to find a way to click/right mouse click on cross-references to pop up a new, floating Bible window with the reference.

Am I missing a way to do this?

(I do see the flyout from hovering and have tried a number of ways to get that to produce a popup window ... including the right mouse after holding down SHIFT to keep the flyout in place... no dice)

Mainly it's that I like to look at the scripture context around a reference verse to get an idea of how well it fits to the context of the verse which is providing the reference...

Maybe there's another way to do this?

JG

Re: Click refs to launch floating Bible window?

Post by JG »

There is not a way to pin the popup.

Suggested workaround, change settings in Clipboard Monitor to allow it to popup when you copy content of popup window. When the CM opens you can scroll the verse with the mouse wheel hovering over the verse reference area.

Or make a dedicated Bible view floating, and make it a view target (eye icon in Bible view) then you simply click on the xref in the Bible view and it will always open in the floating view.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
GleninTenn

Post by GleninTenn »

Thanks for that!

I'm not sure I was trying to pin the popup ... it was more about having an "open in new window" option for the popup when you right mouse after SHIFT-clicking the popup for the ref verse.

The "target verse" is a good suggestion as I'd somewhat misunderstood that feature (even after years of using TW -- lots to learn! :) )

But is there a way to pop up a new window for each reference I click rather than replacing in the target window. There are about 10 references in the verse shown above ... is there a quick way to pop three new windows for these three references? (or is the target window concept explicitly designed to avoid this situation -- I guess that's inviting resource problems if you end up popping a bunch of floating windows ?)

Best,

GL
JG

Post by JG »

I would drag select those refs and copy to activate the CM
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet