1528 Formatting Toolbar

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
therapon

1528 Formatting Toolbar

Post by therapon »

Not sure what changed in 1528, the changelog on the website and in the 7z archive only goes up through 1527.

Here's the issue: up through 1527 the Formatting Toolbar dynamically changes according to the properties of the view clicked in. Click in a view with a module flagged as "User module" and all the formatting options appear in the toolbar. Click in a Bible view and many of the formatting options disappear - only the ones that are relevant to a Bible view remain. Click in a user module view and the formatting options reappear.

Beginning with 1528, the Formatting Toolbar changes as it ought sometimes but not always. It's a real pain in the neck when (for example) clicking from a user module to a Bible view, then back to the user module and not get the formatting options back. If there is a pattern to what happens, I haven't found it. Sometimes clicking on a different Bible view and then back to the user module brings the options back. Other times clicking in a non-user-module commentary view then back to the user module does it. Sometimes going back and forth between a user module view and a non-user-module view works properly in both directions, other times not.
JG

Re: 1528 Formatting Toolbar

Post by JG »

We are aware of the issue and working to fix it.
Go back to using 1527 which has the white flicker in the Bible views.(Not quite so annoying)

I did tag the issue on the end of the post here viewtopic.php?p=45452&sid=1cd82ff1e46d5 ... ba6#p45452
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jwols

Post by jwols »

I have also a problem with the fomatting Toolbar.
Bookviews 2,3 and 4 have a formatting toolbar. Bookviews 1 and 5 not.
The bible view has no formatting toolbar.

Worked with version 1502, 1527, 1528.
No solution. Verry annoing.
JG

Post by JG »

So what version is your moaning about?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jwols

Post by jwols »

I installed theWord again and made the module sets also again.
Forgive me I was moaning.
jwols

Post by jwols »

And today the same problem with the formatting toolbar. After rebuilding the entire modulesets and other things at the end of July, cost me an evening of work, after 2 weeks again not able to format text. :shock: :roll:
JG

Post by JG »

So.. why are you using a beta build that I took down? Use the current release which is 1527.

I don't understand why you have to build modules sets again.

I really need to see some video of what is happening
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software