book modules in pdf?

Ideas and suggestions about new features
mikeatnip

book modules in pdf?

Post by mikeatnip »

The more I use theWord, the more options I am finding that are quite useful. I think I read on this forum somewhere that having book modules in pdf would not be technically possible. If there was some way to read (and link verses, annotate) pdf files as book modules that would be almost a dream since I have hundreds (thousands?) of pdf files where I have made comments/highlights. Or, something like interconnecting Calibre and theWord. :wink:
I know I can link to a pdf file in a book module to open it, but adding that pdf as a module that would then link to the Bibles and Commentaries ... am I dreaming too much? Converting all those files to rtf would take more time than what I currently have available.
Thanks for great software, I am not complaining. :D Just dreaming.
JG

Re: book modules in pdf?

Post by JG »

As you said, it is just a dream.
We have been in the unfortunate position of receiving data as pdf files and having to laboriously convert them.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Unfortunately pdf is one of those formats that often is very hard to put into text formats.
At times if you have Adobe PDF (full product) you can do it yourself to text.
Then there are many steps after that to get things in the right format, topics etc.
Like Jon said a lot of work!
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

I know it is complex to convert to rtf because I tried a few files. Acrobat does a mediocre job of it when there are images involved, even on files that have the text as a separate layer. Exporting as doc or docx and then to rtf isn't much better. Just a text file in pdf still isn't wrinkle-free. But, hey, life isn't wrinkle free anywhere that I know of. :D
Thanks for the replies.