Bookmarks not working right

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
rdwray

Bookmarks not working right

Post by rdwray »

Bookmark 3 was set to Proverbs 11 and I set it to Proverbs 13 and then switched to bookmark 2 which was Isaiah 6. I then closed TW and reopened it and bookmark 3 had changed back to Proverbs 11. I had noticed that it did not seem that I was getting the right location in the past, but I put an effort to try it this time.

I just tried it a second time and the bookmark held. Did it a third time after setting bookmark 3 to 14 and it defaulted back to 13. It is definitely inconsistent.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: Bookmarks not working right

Post by JG »

I have tried to check this issue and it works ok for me. So I checked to see if new bookmarks were saved at shutdown. The values are in the config.ini in the [Bookmarks] section

perhaps you file has been damaged and has two sections of the same name?

When you close and reopen theWord, do give it time to write the file.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

I noticed this in the changelog 1505

- saving config.ini is now crash-resistant; if something goes wrong during saving, the old config.ini is restored.

I wonder if you are getting a silent crash, and the old config is being loaded.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

If I close TW while still viewing the verse and reopen it, everything is fine, it just happens when I switch bookmarks before closing TW.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

I have reported this, so hopefully it will get fixed.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Problem is that it is erratic and will not be an easy fix - I can live with it, just wanted to let you know.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Now I am requesting a fix. I have two bookmarks 2 and 3. If I open TW and it is on 2 and I switch it to 3 and close TW, when I open it again it is on 2 and vise versa. I also had an issue where I had to restore config.ini when it did not show my configuration but acted as it was a new install.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Update, rolled back to 1500 and no issues.
JG

Post by JG »

Thank you for the feedback. I am sure it will help identify what has gone wrong.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

One more thing. I reloaded 1530 after testing some of the others and found out that when I clicked on a bookmark and then clicked on the scripture, everything worked fine so it looks like the focus is not getting moved from the bookmark to the window.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I have dropped back to 1500, it works in all situations.