Linking phrase to dictionay

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
WJSwanepoel

Linking phrase to dictionay

Post by WJSwanepoel »

I have a dictionary which I want to use with a specific translation. There are short phrases in the Bible which I would like to get displayed from the dictionary. Is this possible?

Here is an example:
The verse in the Bible reads:
Dan moet jy Aäron en sy seuns naderbring na die ingang van die Tent van Ontmoeting, en hulle met water afspoel.

I want the user to be able to click anywhere on the words "Tent van Ontmoeting" and it must position the dictionary at this phrase.
JG

Re: Linking phrase to dictionay

Post by JG »

Just as a fictional example.
In the Bible file you would have

In the beginning, <A Abyssinian Church> and the earth—

Mark the words in your Bible file with this type of tag <A[space in here]dictionary words here>

Your dictionary module needs a unique id in the properties made up from I would suggest ten numbers and letters without spaces lower case

In the Bible module add a verse.rule above the About= section

verse.rule="<A ([^>]+)>" "<a href=tw://dictionary id?t=$1&popup=1><font color=blue>$1</font></a>"
This should color the words blue and show a popup from your dictionary.
##################################################

In my fiction I have this in the Bible verse
And God saw the light, that <FI>it was<Fi> good, and <A Acts Of The Apostles> God caused <FI>there to be<Fi> a separation between the light and between the darkness.

The verse.rule is
verse.rule="<A ([^>]+)>" "<a href=tw://jb132?t=$1&popup=1><font color=blue>$1</font></a>"

I am testing on a dictionary with the id of jb132 so that goes in the verse.rule
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet