"Copy and paste to editor" action

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
therapon

"Copy and paste to editor" action

Post by therapon »

TW 6.0.0.1530 running on WINE; TW 6.0.0.1530 running on Windows 10

This problem has been around since probably the beginning, v.2.something.

Right-click / Actions for [reference] / Copy and paste to editor -- pastes the copied verse text at the cursor position.

It should paste the copied text at the end of the verse hyperlink plus 1 space.

I don't use the feature because of the extra effort required to reassemble the hyperlink. I simply use the plain Copy action and Ctrl-V to put the text where it should go.
JG

Re: "Copy and paste to editor" action

Post by JG »

Can you explain a little more with some screen shots. Sorry I don't get what you mean.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

Right-click on the verse reference hyperlink
right-click.png
right-click.png (26.76 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
The cursor is immediately before the S in Solomon.
results.png
results.png (31.87 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
The text is inserted at the cursor position, splitting the reference in two pieces.
It should be inserted after the complete reference.
proper.png
proper.png (31.24 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
JG

Post by JG »

Just work around it by doing copy and then paste where you want it. I might be wrong, but the normal action would be to copy and pasted to another view and it would insert at the caret position of the other view?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

My "normal" action is to enter a verse reference in my sermon notes and then have the text after it all in the same view. I can't recall ever copying from one view and pasting to another view. Like I said in the initial post, I have used the workaround always because the programmed action does not suit my use case.
hueljannie

Post by hueljannie »

For now, you can either stick with the tried-and-true way of copying and pasting with Ctrl-V or look for Bible software that doesn't have this problem. On the other hand, you may ask the TW 6.0.0.1530 developers to include a fix for this issue in an upcoming release by submitting a bug report.