Help Installing On MAC

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
VicarClint

Help Installing On MAC

Post by VicarClint »

I am brand new to TheWord, it came highly recommended from a colleague.

I am running Ventura 13.3.1 (a) on a MacBook Air. I downloaded the Mac file to install and I get this error:
“theWord.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

I tried downloading the XQuartz (on a hunch) but that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Ronald.Alan

Re: Help Installing On MAC

Post by Ronald.Alan »

Warty

Re: Help Installing On MAC

Post by Warty »

I am trying to install TheWord 6 on my Macbook running Big Sur 11.7.9 using Wineskin downloaded from https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer. I have also watched a YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkQj0lZFz6I ) video several times and still can not install TheWord on my Mac.

I have followed the video, and copied the Windows file theword-setup-en.exe into drive_c, of the Wineskin, but when I try to install it I get an error message that "no executable file was found or I am trying to install a file that is not in drive_c in the wineskin". BUT the file is a .exe file, as the same file installs on a Windows 10 or XP computer without a problem, AND it IS located in the drive_c of the Wineskin. What can I do to get the word installed on my Macbook running Big Sur 11.7.9.

I have also tried to install using the latest version of XQuartz as per csterg's post of Feb 18, 2013, but when I run XQuartz I can not understand what to do. Appears you need to be a guru to use it !!!. Wineskin appears a lot easier (if I can get it to recognize the exe file !!)

I DID have TheWord 6 installed and running perfectly a few days ago, but after trying to install another Windows program that didn't work either (using NEW Wineskin) TheWord 6 would not run. I have no idea why and I have not been able to get it to work since, so I deleted the program and tried to re-install it as above.

Any help would be a blessing to me.

Warty
New Zealand