Bengali language UI, 3 translations, dictionary, etc

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Bengali language UI, 3 translations, dictionary, etc

Post by csterg »

jacob.hosanna wrote:The font I set as default in the bengali.lng file and the OS is an adapted font I made which has already maximized the glyph sizes within the possible parameters; the problem is that Bengali has a lot of diacritics which extend high up and down below the main consonants. I guess it will just have to do as is.
Not sure if changing the font size from the OS would help
Costas
ofinigan

Post by ofinigan »

Jacob.hosanna, I would be interested in the Bengali bible for theword once you have a completed edition of it, any timeframe for it?

Thanks

SF
judepriyantha

Post by judepriyantha »

Dear jacob.hosanna,

Hi, I'm Jude & I like to add sinhala laguage bible into The word or e-sword module. I have typed out the whole bible but can't enter in to MS Access to use it as a bbl(x). When I copy and paste the verses it is showing as "????? ???? ?????". Now came to know by opening a unicode bible. that they have used codes like " \u3110?\u3143?\u3125?\u3137?\u3105?\u3137?". I have no idea how to convert the unicode text to codes like above. Can u help me.

If needed I can send u sample of typed (unicode) .doc file and the unicode font i used.

Thank you in Advance,
God Bless you,

Jude Priyantha
LinkH

Post by LinkH »

jacob.hosanna,

How can I download the Bengali/Bangla language module for e-Sword? That would be a great blessing. I have been invited to do ministry in Bangladesh. I do not find it as an option in the new software.

Link
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello Link,
this forum is for the theWord Bible Software, there is no support or info about eSword here,
Costa
LinkH

Post by LinkH »

So is a usable form of the Bengali Bible (or New Testament scriptures) out yet? Would there happen to be an English transliterated version for those of us who aren't too good with Devenagri or whatever that script is?

Do some Bengali speakers use the Arabic script for their language? I'd find that a little easier to handle, but I'd imagine a Sanskrit based system has advantages since all the retroflex consonants are accounted for in the script.
jacob.hosanna

Download location - Bengali Bible

Post by jacob.hosanna »

Here's where you can download a beta version of the Bengali Kitabul Muqaddas Bible for TheWord. It's 99.9% accurate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?22wlyyoogjl

There's no latin or arabic script version...
jacob.hosanna

Post by jacob.hosanna »

LinkH wrote:jacob.hosanna,

How can I download the Bengali/Bangla language module for e-Sword? That would be a great blessing. I have been invited to do ministry in Bangladesh. I do not find it as an option in the new software.

Link
Since about 2009, E-Sword has changed their module structure so it no longer easily supports unicode modules --- that's why I switched over to TheWord.
LinkH

Post by LinkH »

Thank you for sharing that with me Jacob. I have downloaded the file and have a notepad with the Bangla Bible on it. How do I load it into TheWord?

Thanks
jacob.hosanna

Post by jacob.hosanna »

LinkH wrote:TI have downloaded the file and have a notepad with the Bangla Bible on it. How do I load it into TheWord?
Read the basic instructions for TheWord... you put it in your 'Bibles' folder under 'TheWord' ProgramData directory (C:/ProgramData/Bibles in Windows7) and open the software and it should be there. The font you'll need is SolaimanLipi...google it to find it, it's free to download. If you have an old XP computer, you'll need to activate Asian complex scripts in your control panel.
LinkH

Post by LinkH »

Jacob,

I'm getting an error when the program loads saying that the file with Bangla in it is not long enough. I saved it as 'all files' with an .ont extension. But it still doesn't show up when I load TheWord software.

Do you, or does anyone, know how to fix this?

Thanks,
LinkH
jacob.hosanna

Post by jacob.hosanna »

LinkH wrote:Jacob,

I'm getting an error when the program loads saying that the file with Bangla in it is not long enough. I saved it as 'all files' with an .ont extension. But it still doesn't show up when I load TheWord software.

Do you, or does anyone, know how to fix this?

Thanks,
LinkH
I've never seen that problem before. My guess is that you didn't download the whole file properly. Check that you did, it should be 10 megabytes.
bengali-developer

Post by bengali-developer »

Hi Costas,
I've just finished translating the TheWord into Bengali, I'd like you to take a look at it and we can see where to go from here. I'm still having issues with the bengali digits (০১২৩৪৫৬৭৮৯ = 0123456789) which aren't replacing the latin numerals. Remember we started working through this earlier and never fully got it resolved? Well, now that we actually have a full translation of the interface, I'm hoping you can help me get it working. What do you think?

Thanks, Jacob
Attachments
bengali.zip
(75.77 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Jacob,
you have done a very good job! Concerning the numbers, i notice that you have put there 11 digits instead of 10, this is why theWord will not use them.
There are some untranslated messages and issues.
Would you like to discuss them through email?
Costas
bengali-developer

Post by bengali-developer »

Hi Costas,
Sorry for the delay, I was mistakenly waiting for an email notification of reply. Yes, I would like to discuss the issues through email - my email is deleted. Here's another couple things I should mention:

1. I removed the 11th digit (just a initial ' mark) and the bengali numbers still didn't seem to work. Basically, when I search for "রোমীয় 3:23" or "রোমীয় 3" it works fine, but when I search for "রোমীয় ৩:২৩" or "রোমীয় ৩" it doesn't. Would you be able to help resolve this? It's beyond me. Again, the Bengali unicode numerals are 0123456789=০১২৩৪৫৬৭৮৯. All the major Bengali unicode typing systems are set to type the Bengali digits not the Western ones, so it seems really important to enable this Bengali-digit functionality.

2. I have just finished converting a recent Bengali Bible Dictionary (with permission), but I'm still trying to finish it up and discuss the release with the publishers; I promised I wouldn't share it yet. But I hope we can put that on the website soon. I'm also talking with this same publisher about releasing a TheWord module of their Bible translation which comes out next month.

Thanks, Jacob