theWord 4 for MAC

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
Warty

Re: theWord 4 for MAC

Post by Warty »

Warty wrote:Have just installed Big Sur 11.5.2 on my Mac. Is there a way to run The Word 4 for MAC on this 64bit OS System? I have Quartz installed. Been using The Word on a 32bit OS for some years without a problem.
Have managed to also follow the Youtube video quoted in the previous posts from others and have now got The Word 5 to run on my Mac (Not the Word 4 for Apple OS version!!!!!)

However, it looks like that since the video was produced that a new version of the Wine software has been released and the instructions provided in the video are somewhat outdated. However, the method is similar and after much perseverance finally got it sorted.

thanks for that link.
God Bless from New Zealand
Habilious

Post by Habilious »

I have MacOS Big Sur, I was able to use Crossover and install theWord 6 and it is running wonderful. Today is Decmber 8, 2023.

Thank you for all the support you have provided, guys.
Blessings,

Habil Yousif
Warty

Post by Warty »

I have since also installed Crossover and can now run Word 6 on my mac
mosheb007

Post by mosheb007 »

Hello !
i've been using for long The Word on Win 32bits, the 64bits.
Now (2023) after switching on Mac OS 12 MONTEREY, it's quite impossible to enjoy this rich Bible Study Software.
I've tried many of the solutions suggested in this forum: Wine, PlayonMac, WineBottler, xQuartz,... WITHOUT SUCCESS.
Can anyone indicate a more simple way to a solution?
Or Is there a DMG compiled package that works well beside the one already posted (but that doesn't SEEM to work)?

I'm not skilled at software building..... :roll:

_MOSHE_
Warty

Post by Warty »

Have you tried “Crossover” both myself and someone have successfully installed Word 6 using it. Although it is not free, it is also not expensive.

www.codeweavers.com

I would recommend it.
Leos1

Post by Leos1 »

Warty wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:36 pm Have you tried “Crossover” both myself and someone have successfully installed Word 6 using it. Although it is not free, it is also not expensive.

www.codeweavers.com

I would recommend it.
through "Crossover" it works fantastically. I've been using it for over a year now on a macbook pro M1.