Android version

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
loyukfai

Re: Android version

Post by loyukfai »

Would like to see an Android version as well. Having to pay twice for the same resource doesn't seem to be a bright idea.

However, this is not purely a "Biblical" problem, the same can be said for ebooks and other electronic resources in general. Ideally, one can obtain the usage rights for a particular resource, and be able to use it on different platforms/apps/software. The current licensing model is a descendent of the printed era. With music going DRM free and subscription-based, what lays ahead for other resources like books?

Guess we're still early in this electronic age.

Cheers.
777Dan777

Post by 777Dan777 »

would love theword (full) on android! mysword is nice, but theword is awesome!

I've been looking for a work around to do this, with no luck; however I came across this site: http://eltechs.com/product/exagear-mobile/. If they can run x86 games on android, could this work for theword?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

porting an app to android actually means re-writing it... there is no middle-solution
craig.carboni

Post by craig.carboni »

Although I have MySword on my Nexus 7 it does not compare to the Word on Windows (which I run in compact mode from Dropbox)

Personally I am waiting for the next generation of Surface and Windows tablets running Windows 10 as I feel they will be a better alternative in the long term.

Costa may already be looking to optimize theWord for a more touch friendly interface and to work seamlessly with a styles input for text input?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

craig.carboni wrote: Costa may already be looking to optimize theWord for a more touch friendly interface and to work seamlessly with a styles input for text input?
Yes this is in the plans
RichKat

Post by RichKat »

Costas, this is wonderful that you have plans to update theWord for touch! For years I tried using Logos, and Olive Tree on android. I finally was so frustrated with it that I decided to purchase a NextBook windows 10 convertible tablet so I could at least run Logos on it. However Logos is extremely slow and their full functionality is only available in very expensive upgrades. So after I got my nice little windows tablet I suddenly realized that I am not limited to Logos anymore, and I went looking for something better... I found theWord and I am really loving it. It works great on my tablet. My only longing is for a little more touch friendly interface and there you have it! :)
I really think Windows touch interface has so much more going for it than Android.
Blessings,
Richard M