.1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: .1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Post by csterg »

WJSwanepoel wrote:Hi Costas,
I have a couple of Bibles which I developed myself. They refused to pop up using beta 1396 even though they were selected in the preferences tab. I checked them against Bibles that do appear in the pop-up and discovered that the only difference was that I did not have an "id=" statement in the Bible module. As soon as I include an "id=" statement, that Bible will also pop up.

Regards,
Willem
Willem,
I still cannot repeat that no matter how hard I try. If you can repeat it consistently, then i need your help. Please, find a pattern or a module and tell me the exact steps so I can reproduce.
Costas
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

csterg wrote:
WJSwanepoel wrote:Hi Costas,
I have a couple of Bibles which I developed myself. They refused to pop up using beta 1396 even though they were selected in the preferences tab. I checked them against Bibles that do appear in the pop-up and discovered that the only difference was that I did not have an "id=" statement in the Bible module. As soon as I include an "id=" statement, that Bible will also pop up.

Regards,
Willem
Willem,
I still cannot repeat that no matter how hard I try. If you can repeat it consistently, then i need your help. Please, find a pattern or a module and tell me the exact steps so I can reproduce.
Costas
Hi Costas,
I will send you details to your e-mail address since I cannot load the required files..

Regards,
Willem
therapon

Post by therapon »

Just discovered the alternate versions show in Bible Search view! Two things about that: the only version that is identified in the left margin is the first one; the alternates aren't identified. It would be helpful if they were. Second, could there be a setting in the Bible Search view to turn alternates on/off? Most of the time I would prefer to see search results for the specific version only that I've selected.

therapon
JG

Post by JG »

There is just the setting in the Advanced tab that allows you to only show the alternatives when the Shift key is depressed.

[Edit] I think I missed the point here. Perhaps a screen shot would clear this.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

therapon wrote:Just discovered the alternate versions show in Bible Search view! Two things about that: the only version that is identified in the left margin is the first one; the alternates aren't identified. It would be helpful if they were.
Not sure about what you mean by that.
therapon

Post by therapon »

On the left is the reference (Matt. 9:36) plus the translation id (KJV+TVM) for the first one. Below it are the alternate versions - ERV, LEB, and NET. But, they aren't identified in any way.
twscreen1.png
twscreen1.png (75.95 KiB) Viewed 5278 times
Another "feature" I found - if you have selected "Only display alternate translations when SHIFT key is pressed" and you resize the search results window without pressing SHIFT, the alternate translations disappear from the results. To get them back you have to press the SHIFT key and re-run the search. I didn't expect the search results to change simply because the window was resized.

therapon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Honestly, this is a side-effect, or a 'bug'. I never intended the alternate version to appear there (although they do). Does everyone think that they are useful there? I think I should remove them, they don't make any sense since you can turn-off the text and mouse-over to get the alternates.
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Seems confusing to have alternate translations shown there. There is already a feature to search "sets" and then the feature to right click and compare them in the Bible compare view.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

I agree with Jon.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Removed.