.1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
JG

Re: Scripture Popups

Post by JG »

A shortcut would be good, to toggle quickly.

And option to always use the current or default Bible. Hmm, perhaps this is covered with the pressing of Ctrl or Alt keys already.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

There is a problem with the rendering of the APB and APBen, GRV (b10). Looks like superscript is not rendered properly(can appear HUGE!)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

Strange problem with the selection of Bibles dialog(and I know this is the same for other places you use it).
If you select a saved set or just select some Bibles and close the dialog, on reopening the wrong Bibles will be selected.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

Opening the Preferences dialog and pressing OK causes crash(report sent)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:A shortcut would be good, to toggle quickly.

And option to always use the current or default Bible. Hmm, perhaps this is covered with the pressing of Ctrl or Alt keys already.
I thought that maybe the CTRL/ALT keys could be used to toggle this now instead, what do you think?
Strange problem with the selection of Bibles dialog(and I know this is the same for other places you use it).
If you select a saved set or just select some Bibles and close the dialog, on reopening the wrong Bibles will be selected.
Cannot repeat, need help.
There is a problem with the rendering of the APB and APBen, GRV (b10). Looks like superscript is not rendered properly(can appear HUGE!)
I can repeat that, will check tomorrow.
Opening the Preferences dialog and pressing OK causes crash(report sent)
Did a quick fix and re-uploaded without changing the build number, can you get again the 7z file?
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:
JG wrote:A shortcut would be good, to toggle quickly.

I thought that maybe the CTRL/ALT keys could be used to toggle this now instead, what do you think?
What I was meaning was a key combination like we have for Strongs Shift S that hides that feature. So a key combination to turn multi verse popup off like Shift+R. The Ctrl/Alt works just fine for changing to using the current/Default Bible.
So it is just a shortcut keys to toggle the feature.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

Crash on pressing OK in preference dialog still remains.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:
JG wrote: Strange problem with the selection of Bibles dialog(and I know this is the same for other places you use it).
Cannot repeat, need help.
You need to close the Preferences dialog not just the Bible selections window. I can repeat this.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

Changing the order of display of Bible texts is not working. Seems to just be alphabetic.

On reopening the selection window(having closed and opened the Preferences) none of the Bible texts are checked.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
TEREX

.1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Post by TEREX »

Hi guys,

Testing out the new .1394 version and it seems that it is not saving the Bible selection properly. I goto File->Preferences->Advanced Tab then Choose Bibles. I then select the versions and click the green check mark but when i go back to it, some versions i did not check are checked and some I checked are unchecked. I can't seem to be able to get it to save the "Set" either. I tried to go about a few different ways to see if i got the same results, just clicking the green check mark, clicking ok, and trying to load by set.

I am currently running Windows 8 but also run Windows XP in vmware. I tested this on both operating systems and the results was the same. This is a really cool feature to add. Hopefully it won't take alot to get it working properly. :)

Also, I almost forgot to mention that there are some Bibles of i have different releases of like the updated NLT, and then i have the NLT 2004 edition. Not sure it that has anything at all to do with it though. I did notice that when i select my ESV version and save it, then go back , the ESV red letter edition i have is checked and the regular ESV i checked is now unchecked and one or two i never checked at all are now checked... Weird.

UPDATE: I was still tinkering around with the settings and found that when i now goto File->Preferences the "ok" button doesn't close the preference box out .. UNLESS i goto the advance tab and click Choose Bibles, then the button on the right to "Deselect all"... click checkmark to save. THEN i can click ok on the preference box and it closes like normal. I can also change settings and it works like that as well.

I though i would update and add this as I know the more info you can get about a bug the better it helps you to figure out the issue. If i find anything that i haven't posted above i will add it to this topic.
WJSwanepoel

Re: .1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Post by WJSwanepoel »

I am having a few problems with the pop-up facility.

Firstly, as someone mentioned in a previous post, the preferences dialog will not close with the OK button unless you actually click "Choose Bible" first.

I have selected to pop-up references from the default bible. I then go and select a number of additional translations to include in the pop-up, but they do not all pop up. See the attached examples of what happens.

Bible selection:
BibleSelection.JPG
BibleSelection.JPG (151.02 KiB) Viewed 7664 times
Popup (I do not see the NIV not the NBG1951):
FirstPopup.JPG
FirstPopup.JPG (192.08 KiB) Viewed 7664 times
Pop-up with Ctrl-key held in (NBG1851 appears, but KJV and AOV disappears):
SecondPop-up.JPG
SecondPop-up.JPG (189.75 KiB) Viewed 7664 times
Regards,
Willem
JG

Post by JG »

Strange behaviour.
If I use an existing old test setup and select to show all the Bibles in the popup 8 in this case, and I toggle on off the descriptions, the Bibles selected changes. But it I use a fresh config.ini I don't get this behaviour, all are still selected.

[specifically for me with checking Bibles]
But if I have Bibles (duplicates, for testing) with the same id these would only have one of the duplicates checked when I toggle back the descriptions.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Jon,

I'm getting the same erratic action that has been described. It appears to randomly choosing, and in no particular order, Bibles to monitor with each time you start the program.

Roy
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

All reported issue should be fixed in build 1395. I would appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for testing this new feature,
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

Hi Costas, would it be possible to have a quick toggle key Shift+R for this feature?

Looks to be working correctly.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software