Sentence Diagramming Tool or Modules

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
Terrie R. Beede

Sentence Diagramming Tool or Modules

Post by Terrie R. Beede »

Hi,

Another nice module that would complement theWord's capabilities are a Sentence Diagramming tool, or, barring that, a commentary module with ready-made sentence diagrams for Greek and Hebrew.

These are available in Logos & BibleWorks. It would seem to me that these could be incorporated into the application as "bolt-on" code.

I mention Logos & BibleWorks frequently in my posts because in my estimation theWord is the only open source Bible study tool that I have found that has a chance of competing with these applications feature-for-feature! Really, I cannot urge pastors enough to consider using theWord as an alternative study tool for exegesis and sermon preparation.

Thanks Costas, for this excellent tool!
jonathangkoehn

Re: Sentence Diagramming Tool or Modules

Post by jonathangkoehn »

If it interest you it is not diagramming but phrasing that can be found in Accuracy. Accuracy is designed as a companion tool to theWORD
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks Terrie. This is kind of low priority for now, since there is a lot of development effort being put in other areas for now.
waleeedijaz

Post by waleeedijaz »

I mention Logos & BibleWorks frequently in my posts because in my estimation theWord is the only open source Bible study tool that I have found that has a chance of competing with these applications feature-for-feature! Really, I cannot urge pastors enough to consider using theWord as an alternative study tool for exegesis and sermon preparation.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I thought I would mention an interesting "alternative" diagramming solution that complements TW. Biblearc.com is another free Bible program that offers sentence, phrase and arc diagramming. You can create your diagram then export it as either an image or PDF file, then pull that file into TW in (for example) your personal commentary module. I found the phrasing module very easy to work with, allowing me to phrase one or more verses in a manner that makes sense to me.

The site contains videos showing how to use the diagramming features and college courses to take you deeper in your studies. And if you are just auditing the courses are free!

So, while it does require more steps since it is not a part of TW, it offers a very cost-effective method to diagram sentences and save that diagram as part of TW! Check it out.

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Has there been any further movement on sentence diagramming or phrasing?
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

jonathangkoehn wrote:If it interest you it is not diagramming but phrasing that can be found in Accuracy. Accuracy is designed as a companion tool to theWORD
This sounds like just what I've been looking for. Unfortunately, the download link does not work on my system -- the "Bibles" link and "Phrasing Styles" link are the only links that work OK.

Any advice? Thanks.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I may be doing something more like a bolt-on code that works along side some Bibles in theWORD.
I stopped developement of Accuracy awhile ago. I've switched to more bolt-on type of things for theWORD. You can find modules and at least one of them on wordmodules.com which allows you to print some books from theWORD.

The phrasing tool I may have to get started on that at some point. It works based off of the morphology provided in some Bible modules. It would only work on unencrypted and Bible modules with morphology. We will see.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Jonathan, is there any headway on a "bolt-on" sentence diagramming tool for TW? I'd really like to see something like that! 'Course I realize your schedule is a bit "nuts"! But at least you're not having to pay off Greece's debt (sorry Costas my friend!).

Darrel
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Perhaps something like this more this fall if it works out. How it would have to work is a on an unencrypted Bible like BYZ2005++ with morphology (Then one can customize based on the morphology how it does phrasing. I did this in accuracy. I even had in accuracy for Hebrew with morphology) What would be helpful even though I can't do it yet is listing with links all the unencrypted Bibles with morphology whether in Greek, Hebrew, English, Strongs, as long as it has morphology it should be possible to do something things with it.
In Christ,
Jonathan
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Jonathan, I like that idea. Diagramming does offer a lot!

Darrel
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

jonathangkoehn wrote:Perhaps something like this more this fall if it works out....
Jonathan
+1 That would be great. Thanks for all the good stuff you do.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hey Jonathan,
I want to keep pushing on this aspect in the hopes that you will produce something! :lol:

Do we have movement yet on phrasing and/or diagramming bolt-on module for TW? I'd REALLY like to see that (like what you used to have in Accuracy). Thanks my friend!

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Any movement yet?
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Have you had time to look at this yet? I would like have a phrasing tool within the word. No pressure! :oops:

Darrel