Downloader issues

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
DarrelW

Re: Downloader issues

Post by DarrelW »

Hello Costas,
Here is a snapshot of the Downloader. It displays the same whether windowed or maximized.

Darrel
Attachments
Download Titles_001.png
Download Titles_001.png (118.9 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks Darrel for the screenshot. I tried it on Ubuntu 11 and it seems fine; yet, i will probably change that anyway
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I don't know what the differences are between Ubuntu 11 and Linux Mint 16, but I do appreciate what you are doing! I like TW a LOT, it runs dual screen on Linux beautifully, and it runs FAST! Just as a side note - since I switched to Linux Mint 16 everything I own runs beautifully, my music recording and instructional software runs beautifully, Guitar Pro 6 same story. The only thing that does not play is Jonathan's Accuracy. It bombs on start-up. I don't have Microsoft slamware, viruses or slowdowns. I'm a happy camper!

Darrel
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

DarrelW wrote:I don't know what the differences are between Ubuntu 11 and Linux Mint 16, but I do appreciate what you are doing! I like TW a LOT, it runs dual screen on Linux beautifully, and it runs FAST! Just as a side note - since I switched to Linux Mint 16 everything I own runs beautifully, my music recording and instructional software runs beautifully, Guitar Pro 6 same story. The only thing that does not play is Jonathan's Accuracy. It bombs on start-up. I don't have Microsoft slamware, viruses or slowdowns. I'm a happy camper!
Darrel
I use Fedora 20+Gnome and I see the same problem.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
nikolay_l

Post by nikolay_l »

Downloader is not actually tools.
Only russian portable release have a 100 Gb content (without in this downloader database)
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Costas,
The changes in the Downloader are superb! I can now easily read titles of installed modules, install one or more modules, and it plays nice! One question though - is there an easy way (that maybe I am missing) to know when an installed module has an updated version?

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

DarrelW wrote:Costas,
The changes in the Downloader are superb! I can now easily read titles of installed modules, install one or more modules, and it plays nice! One question though - is there an easy way (that maybe I am missing) to know when an installed module has an updated version?

Darrel

You have not seen these are menus?
Menus.png
Menus.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Oops! :oops: I do now!!! Thanks Jon! And no I do not take it as sarcasm - I appreciate you showing me. :)

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

It is interesting that you didn't notice.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Well not really Costas. It was just a matter that I did not click on the 'Show All Titles' header. I could say 'Must be my age", but I won't do that! :lol:

I do have an issue cropping up with "Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible.cmt.twm". I have removed that book completely, reinstalled it, installed the update that shows in the updater, and it still shows as a newer module needing to be updated!

Also (and this is something minor!) I like to break my modules into Bibles, Dictionaries, Commentaries and General. The Updater seems to always put all modules in the "Books" folder. Any chance of having it put things in folders the user specifies?

You're doing an awesome job!

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

Hi Darrel,
I think you have answered your own question, and raised an important issue. The installer has not got the data of where the module was that needed updating, it just blindly puts the update in the default place... so now you will have two modules, one at each version level?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:Hi Darrel,
I think you have answered your own question, and raised an important issue. The installer has not got the data of where the module was that needed updating, it just blindly puts the update in the default place... so now you will have two modules, one at each version level?
Yes, this is correct... Maybe this should change? Maybe not. On a default installation, this is no problem. On non-default installations, maybe the advanced user WANTS to have 2 separate copies
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi both Costas and Jon,
Well, l'm not so sure. I had removed my sub-folders and put all modules in the Books folder. Then I had completely removed the module ("Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible.cmt.twm"), checked that it does not exist in Define Module Sets, loaded the Downloader and it Always says this module has an update. The attached screen shots show the module as not being installed, but yet having an update for the installed module. Am I missing something? It only happens with this one module. Thanks for your help!

Darrel
Attachments
Download Titles_006.png
Download Titles_006.png (46.34 KiB) Viewed 5172 times
Download Titles_005.png
Download Titles_005.png (221.93 KiB) Viewed 5172 times
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

The other interesting thing about my problem. When I remove the module, check the Downloader for all modules, it shows it as not installed, so I select it and install it. Then when I go back to the Downloader (after answering yes for TW to close and reopen) that same module still shows as not installed! And this only happens with Gill's module. I must be missing something.

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

If all the logical things fail to get a result, reboot the computer usually fixes things?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software