beta 1498 Check Spelling as you type

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
JG

beta 1498 Check Spelling as you type

Post by JG »

What results are you getting when you check the setting "Check spelling as you type" and uncheck "Ignore words in UPPERCASE" and then what do you get with just "Check spelling as you type" checked.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Re: beta 1498 Check Spelling as you type

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Jon,

Almost every word shows as incorrectly spelled with both your request. There is no pattern. The only way it spell checks correctly is with all four blocks checked.

It also does not recognize words with an apostrophe from a word processor (like WordPerfect). Example: God’s would show as misspelled. God's with the apostrophe being inserted with the Word word processor shows as being correctly spelled.

Thanks

Roy
JG

Post by JG »

Thanks Roy, they are the same results I get, so there are problems, that are repeatable.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm seeing the same as you and Roy. Spellcheck seems to work well with all options checked, except the custom dictionary doesn't seem to be read on restart of theWord. When I add words to the dictionary they're added to the custom dictionary and are unmarked as misspelled, but when I restart theWord all the words I added are marked as misspelled again.

It's still handy, thanks for your work.

(I'm running theWord on Linux under Wine)
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

The words are added to the customdct on close but only words from that particular time of using theWORD.
That is the customdct appears to be getting over-written/or newly created each session without updating.
If you do not add words to the customdct it is completely gone.

Like stated before words in the customdct are not used for spell checking on restart.
This also is the same with a user created customdct like Jondct in another directory.

Btw I did find a spanish dict that is working.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2