All-in-one tool to edit/create non-encrypted Bible modules

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
malayangbiblia

Re: Efficient way of adding Strong's Numbers to a Bible Modu

Post by malayangbiblia »

RevSteve wrote:Wow! too cool! Thanks much for this Rubio...I have just finished the 1st verse of my Latin-English Interlinear.
I had to fumble around for a few minutes but got the hang of it fairly fast.

I now only have 7956 verses to go! Haha.

Now I am torn wondering whether I should add Strongs...probably not but I have to think about it....
You probably don't need it, but if its a new translation, then it's a different story.
Edmund
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

malayangbiblia wrote:Terra, my TRa module is not loading on the Source Window. I tried changing the Font to Greek. Same problem. What source text did you use?
I tried an unofficial TR from this site and it worked: http://theword-modules.com/interlineal/ ... ology-1-2/
Edmund
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

RevSteve wrote:Wow! too cool! Thanks much for this Rubio...I have just finished the 1st verse of my Latin-English Interlinear.
I had to fumble around for a few minutes but got the hang of it fairly fast.

I now only have 7956 verses to go! Haha.

Now I am torn wondering whether I should add Strongs...probably not but I have to think about it....
Way to go! What you're doing, Vulgate + an English version?
malayangbiblia wrote:I tried an unofficial TR from this site and it worked: http://theword-modules.com/interlineal/ ... ology-1-2/
Before importing a module make sure the file is saved in UTF-8 with BOM. Another know problem is that it can't handle non-ascii file names. The importer could use some work, but you'll find that it is just a minute part of an association project.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

One thing I forgot to mention in the project wiki, is that you can provide iBiblia with an inflection/conjugation database to enhance the auto-association results. People working on an inflected language may be interested in this feature.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

Pop up content like this. Anything else I'm missing?
Attachments
Pop up bug.JPG
Pop up bug.JPG (134.94 KiB) Viewed 3583 times
Edmund
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

It seems your dictionary is in RVF format. iBiblia only works with RTF. You can change the format in theWord in module properties and try again. But be advised that it won't work with any RTF dictionary though... Give it a try and let me know.

Remember that you can view your definitions on theWord also. iBiblia synchronizes to theWord when you click a word.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Edmund, I can see from your screenshots that your destination text already has strongs. The obvious use of this tool would be associating an untagged translated text to its original language text containing strong's/morphology tags. Of course you can associate a translation to another translation to borrow it's tags. So, I'm curious, what are you trying to accomplish?
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

iBiblia flies! Great work...Rubio. My work-time was cut into about 80-90%!
Edmund
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

RubioTerra wrote:Edmund, I can see from your screenshots that your destination text already has strongs. The obvious use of this tool would be associating an untagged translated text to its original language text containing strong's/morphology tags. Of course you can associate a translation to another translation to borrow it's tags. So, I'm curious, what are you trying to accomplish?
Not exactly, a couple chapters of John are with strongs already and that's it. I'm moving on to the rest.
Could it be because of the strongs/morph rules I placed on the destination file that's messing it up? Probably I need to remove those? Is there a work around to this so I wouldn't redo John 1 and 2? Pls check my work attached.
Last edited by malayangbiblia on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edmund
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

malayangbiblia wrote:iBiblia flies! Great work...Rubio. My work-time was cut into about 80-90%!
I'm glad it helps!
malayangbiblia wrote:Not exactly, a couple chapters of John are with strongs already and that's it. I'm moving on to the rest.
Could it be because of the strongs/morph rules I placed on the destination file that's messing it up? Probably I need to remove those? Is there a work around to this so I wouldn't redo John 1 and 2? Pls check my work attached.
I don't think the existing tags will be a problem, they'll be exported as well.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

[/quote]I don't think the existing tags will be a problem, they'll be exported as well.[/quote]

For now pop-up is not a priority. I will try a clean text later and see if there is a difference.
Edmund
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

RubioTerra wrote:What you're doing, Vulgate + an English version?
Yes, there are no interlinears (public domain) that I am aware of....well I found one and actually converted it to module but it is terrible (online automatic translation)(on archive.org of Nova Vulgata) of the Latin.

On top of that, I prefer the Vulgates over the Nova Vulgata anyway.

If you find one or know where one is, let me know, it will save me the work.

Likely, I will do a mass find/replace of static words such as et, autem before proceeding and maybe for the time being finish Matthew then jump around to different books...if I do the entire NT, I realize this will take time and I will need to pace myself in order not to burn out on doing it.
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

RubioTerra wrote:It seems your dictionary is in RVF format. iBiblia only works with RTF. You can change the format in theWord in module properties and try again. But be advised that it won't work with any RTF dictionary though... Give it a try and let me know.

Remember that you can view your definitions on theWord also. iBiblia synchronizes to theWord when you click a word.
Yeah, I first checked that and its in RTF that's why I'm wondering.
Edmund
malayangbiblia

Re: Nice Tool for adding Strong's Numbers to a Bible Module

Post by malayangbiblia »

Last verse of Revelation isn't showing up in any of the windows. Is this a common bug? I already created a different project thinking if this is just on the first and they both have the same issue. Everything else is ok.

Thanks for your effort Rubio. I know I'm asking you for an extra mile to fix my issues but once I'm done with this project I will definitely give you a lot of credit for it to the glory of God and the poor Filipino pastors and bible students that will benefit from this will owe a lot from you, brother. Bless you!
Attachments
Revelation 22_21.JPG
Revelation 22_21.JPG (46.84 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
No Revelation 22_21.JPG
No Revelation 22_21.JPG (177.41 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
Edmund
RubioTerra

Re: Nice Tool for adding Strong's Numbers to a Bible Module

Post by RubioTerra »

malayangbiblia wrote:Last verse of Revelation isn't showing up in any of the windows. Is this a common bug? I already created a different project thinking if this is just on the first and they both have the same issue. Everything else is ok.
malayangbiblia wrote:Yeah, I first checked that and its in RTF that's why I'm wondering.
Would you mind sending me both the dictionary an your project file (*.bib) so I can take a look? My e-mail is: [email protected]
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil