Post by malayangbiblia »

An example of what I think is an ABP overlooked error/mistake:

in G4143 πλοῖον ploion,

Thayer Definition:

1) a ship
Part of Speech: noun neuter
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G4126

Total KJV Occurrences: 67

Comment: ABP translates all occurrences of G4143/πλοῖον as "boat" instead of "ship" as in Brenton's and KJV

The Greek for "boat" I believe is,

πλοιάριον (G4142),
ploiarion

Thayer Definition:
1) a small vessel, a boat

Part of Speech: noun neuter
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from a presumed derivative of G4143
Total KJV Occurrences: 9

KJV NT translate this Greek word as "small/little ship" and "boat"

I feel that ABP may have used a "Find/Replace All" method instead of the traditional way.

I hope that ABP is reading this post.
Edmund
RevSteve

Re: Good Raw Data for formatting to theWord

Post by RevSteve »

I have a rough module of those extra strongs numbers, I included the G20000s because I saw in a few mention of lxx.
I think maybe I can upload it to where you made a request for it on the other website.

Actually I have had it for some time, I was however going to make it more accessible but realized I would have to normalize the greek accents as well as do other things that I won't go into here.

This what I have has the lemma as the topic and the first thing in the subject material will be the G number.
There are tags in some of the topics/data that I didn't bother taking out but it is usable...and it is stable because I converted it back to a document...well at least it is with the "printer" program.
Less than 1 mb zipped.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Steve,
Are you uploading it to wordmodules?

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

malayangbiblia wrote:An example of what I think is an ABP overlooked error/mistake:

You can contact them through email or comments via their site https://www.apostolicbible.com/

It is better than hoping someone from ABP reads this forum.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Where can I get the module?
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

I added to his reply over wordmodules.

Haha, you thought I was bluffing I bet.
I make modules up and a lot of them I never look at again.
I haven't checked it at all, just confirmed that it all appeared to be copied and also looked at one place where there was a Hebrew word and it appeared to me to be formatted ok, at least on my system.

I usually download the upload but didn't so, let me know if it seems ok.

I may yet revisit this one...I wish I knew a easy way to normalize those Greek accents...since Spanish doesn't have many, I generally just use brute force to change them but Greek has a bunch of them...I have done that to a greek module one time by brute force...
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

JG wrote:
malayangbiblia wrote:An example of what I think is an ABP overlooked error/mistake:

You can contact them through email or comments via their site https://www.apostolicbible.com/

It is better than hoping someone from ABP reads this forum.
Great. That's what I was looking for.
Edmund
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Steve,
The module comes up nicely on my TW running on Linux, The only major thing I see is two semicolons following the Strong's number. For example, Άβραμ shows "G6105;; handmaiden:- ἅβρα- habra- - handmaiden", and it is consistent with all entries. Other than that - good start!

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I have found another issue. When clicking on Genesis 1:10, and "συστήματα G4959.1 collections" it returns "G21202;; machine, apparatus:- σύστημα- sustēma- - 1. <b>a whole compounded of parts, a system </b>, [5th/4th c.BC]:—; <b>a composition </b>, [Refs 4th c.BC] <br>2. <b>an organised government, constitution </b>, [Refs 4th c.BC] <br>3. <b>a body of soldiers, a corps </b>, [Refs 2nd c.BC] <br>4. of the Roman Senate, [1st/2nd c.AD] (ML)" in XtraStrongs.

And yet if I click on G4959.1 it returns the same lemma, but the XtrStrongs definition is "G21200;; tent-mate:- συσκήνιος- suskēnios- - tent-mate".

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

In my opinion, it would be really cool to have a cross-reference table in this module showing what the ABP Strongs number maps to; for example "ουδέ μη G3762.1" and G3762.1 maps to G8565.

Darrel
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Darrel, thanks for taking a quick look at it.
Concerning the ;; and the :- I intentionally put those in for if I further developed the module.

Concerning the συστήματα, I have no idea why it would land on that...perhaps the generous nature of theWord?

But this is the reason why I was somewhat reluctant to mention that I had a module...because there is presently no way to index the material...can't use the Strongs...at least I don't guess there is any way (I can see) to use those numbers.
All that is left is the lemma so that is the reason why it is the Topic.

So one can manually search through the lemmas...if he knows what the lemma is...not the best solution for sure.

I know how to fix that but it would take (me) a lot of time that right now I don't want to commit to.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

This is not the cleanest, but you can make entries for the Strong's numbers, i.e., G4610.1 and give it the data for the lemma. Then you can right-click the Strong's, choose to look up the Strong's, select the XtraStrong module, and it finds that entry. I will need to play with it further, but it does appear to work.

Darrel
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Yes, that is the reason early on I asked if we had a map to the apb numbers.
If you can figure out the map or find the map, let me know and I will upload a version with the strongs numbers.
I could write a script and replace the given strongs or have them side by side, etc with the G. system or like you mentioned, make an index.

I wasn't too happy with the download from that site, I had to use my browser to "save as" to get it.
I prefer to download an actual file.

Maybe I could have done that differently...
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

It looks like a mini version of Liddell-Scott-Jones dictionary. But it served its purpose and satisfied my curiosity without putting a lot of effort on your part. Will see if it has something more to offer along the way as I go through the LXX.
Edmund
Pasa

Post by Pasa »

You should organize the raw data you gathered for theword.net. Also, I can't find the sources used for the collected data. Data source represents the simplest step to pass the plausibility test. Hopefully, the information isn't invented and passed verification procedures. Otherwise, I'm afraid it can't be accepted and eventually used by other members for lead data enrichment or other purposes.