Shared user modules

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
faithman100

Post by faithman100 »

:) Another download site
http://www.mediafire.com/tw3

Thanks
Last edited by faithman100 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pray always
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

faithman100 wrote::) Another download site
http://www.mediafire.com/tw3
Thanks. Appreciate it. :) I do have those though. I currently have almost 300 modules for The Word, but I'm always looking for more. :)

Thanks again.
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

I think we need a page for user modules on The Word's website. :)
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

mathetes wrote:I think we need a page for user modules on The Word's website. :)
At least, since everybody seems to be struggling for them. :)

But I put a lot of time and effort into it and so, I have a good number of them now. :)
Teksun

Post by Teksun »

I actually spoke to Costas about it. He is looking for the best alternative. The problem is when someone makes a module that the content is protected by a copyright and they do not have the permission to use it. I offered to use Sword of the Spirit as the "Official" 3rd party module repository but my site is Bible study related and contains some controversial doctrinal teaching. Not that it is not accepted but not accepted by all. I don't think he wants to associate "The Word" with any specific doctrine. That would keep The Word mainstream and eliminate prejudice of denominational and non-denominational users whose views tend do differ.

That being said I do not like the 4 shared site or any like them. They are confusing to say the least not to mention you could spend a lifetime searching and downloading modules. As well as the fact they are designed specifically to generate income for someone. If you "upgrade to the better system" whomever set up the account gets a "kickback" of the money you spent. In other words the main purpose is to generate money for someone and nobody knows who. It could be that some joker set it up specifically for that purpose.

That is why I decided to make downloads available on my site. I had a computer crash and lost all I had. I literally spent the day at 4 shared... click, click, wait, click, wait...

At my site any register user can upload to shre their modules. There are no popups, no advertising gimicks, and no waiting. Best of all you can also maintain your own modules.
Ezra 7:10
לִדְרֹ֛ושׁ To Study/Follow
וְלַעֲשֹׂ֑ת and to do
וּלְלַמֵּ֥ד and to teach
Tyndale Theological Seminary & Biblical Institute
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

teksun wrote:I actually spoke to Costas about it. He is looking for the best alternative. The problem is when someone makes a module that the content is protected by a copyright and they do not have the permission to use it. I offered to use Sword of the Spirit as the "Official" 3rd party module repository but my site is Bible study related and contains some controversial doctrinal teaching. Not that it is not accepted but not accepted by all. I don't think he wants to associate "The Word" with any specific doctrine. That would keep The Word mainstream and eliminate prejudice of denominational and non-denominational users whose views tend do differ.

That being said I do not like the 4 shared site or any like them. They are confusing to say the least not to mention you could spend a lifetime searching and downloading modules. As well as the fact they are designed specifically to generate income for someone. If you "upgrade to the better system" whomever set up the account gets a "kickback" of the money you spent. In other words the main purpose is to generate money for someone and nobody knows who. It could be that some joker set it up specifically for that purpose.

That is why I decided to make downloads available on my site. I had a computer crash and lost all I had. I literally spent the day at 4 shared... click, click, wait, click, wait...

At my site any register user can upload to shre their modules. There are no popups, no advertising gimicks, and no waiting. Best of all you can also maintain your own modules.
You need to protect yourself against that sort of thing! Please send me a private message and I will tell you exactly how to do that properly. I have been a (real) tech for almost 30 years and I would be more than happy to get you set up! And almost all of it will be free software! And with all due respect, please don't tell me that you are set up, or you wouldn't have had the crash (unless it was hardware related). :)
Last edited by PastorDave on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Dave,
I only had to delete one word here, that's progress (no 'names' pls).
Pls, for further discussion on this issue continue privately.

Costas
Teksun

Post by Teksun »

I wish I could get my web site going, but I'm too poor to afford to pay for a site and hosting and I can't find any free ones any more. But oh well, whadda ya gonna do, right?
I also offer free hosting to ministries and churches so if you really want a site and have a domain name pm me.
Ezra 7:10
לִדְרֹ֛ושׁ To Study/Follow
וְלַעֲשֹׂ֑ת and to do
וּלְלַמֵּ֥ד and to teach
Tyndale Theological Seminary & Biblical Institute
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

teksun wrote:
I wish I could get my web site going, but I'm too poor to afford to pay for a site and hosting and I can't find any free ones any more. But oh well, whadda ya gonna do, right?
I also offer free hosting to ministries and churches so if you really want a site and have a domain name pm me.
Thank you for your kind offer, but I don't have a domain name. If that changes, I'll let you know. Thanks again. :)
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

csterg wrote:Hi Dave,
I only had to delete one word here, that's progress (no 'names' pls).
Pls, for further discussion on this issue continue privately.

Costas
Okay. I don't know what name it was, but that's fine. No problem. Whatever you need to do to keep this forum running smoothly is fine with me. :)

I'm pretending that my opinion matters, okay? <lol> :)
Skip_a_roo

Post by Skip_a_roo »

Teksun wrote:
(Teksun Paraphrase Version)
TPV? Got any more quotes? :lol:
Skip_a_roo

Post by Skip_a_roo »

PastorDave wrote:
csterg wrote:I'm pretending that my opinion matters, okay? <lol> :)
And here I thought you were pretending your opinion was the ONLY one that mattered! ;) (Just kidding!)
gennesse

please do not use this sticky for discussions

Post by gennesse »

It is supposed to be a place where you can find shared modules easily. Please respect that and discuss on other places on the forum intended for these purposes.

Thanks for helping to make this forum attractive for all people, :lol:

kind regards,
Richard
Skip_a_roo

Re: please do not use this sticky for discussions

Post by Skip_a_roo »

gennesse wrote:It is supposed to be a place where you can find shared modules easily. Please respect that and discuss on other places on the forum intended for these purposes.

Thanks for helping to make this forum attractive for all people, :lol:

kind regards,
Richard
Forgive my departure into unnecessary levity, friend. My humblest apologies!

Just where do we have a spot for that on the forum again? :lol:
holypig777

Re: Shared user modules

Post by holypig777 »

I added the following e-books for TheWord on my website
The TWM files can be downloaded HERE

http://www.swartzentrover.com/cotor/E-Books/Christ.htm

A Brief Study of the Tabernacle by Ellsworth Archer
The Great Doctrines of the Bible by Rev. William Evans, Ph.D., D.D.
Jesus Before the Sanhedrim by Julius Magath
The Annals of The World by Rev. James Ussher
The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis
The Letters to the Seven Churches of Asia by W. M. Ramsay
The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop
The New Testament Documents - Are they reliable? by F. F. Bruce
Books by Sir Robert Anderson
.....Daniel in the Critic's Den
.....The Coming Prince
.....The Gospel and It's Ministry
.....The Lord From Heaven
.....Misunderstood Texts of the Bible
.....The Silence of God
.....The Way
.....Unfulfilled Prophecy
.....Human Destiny
.....A Doubter's Doubts about Science and Religion
.....Forgotten Truths
.....The Honour of His Name
.....The Bible or the Church
.....Types in Hebrews
How To Pray by R. A. Torrey
Last edited by holypig777 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.